- Showcased new and exquisite fashion collection by renowned and budding designers.
- The event saw presence of buyers, fashion incubators, mentors and many more.
Wings4Fashion, a two-day fashion event of Fataka Fashions came to its successful conclusion on this weekend in London. This event provided an international platform to the emerging fashion designers and brands to showcase their designs and collections. The event was graced by the presence of a number of internationally acclaimed personalities from the fashion industry.
Fataka Fashions strategically organized this Trade Event and Fashion Show to enable emerging minds to leverage international exposure. Aim of this event was to attract stakeholders including buyers, fashion incubators, mentors, media and bloggers, in order to get these designers, the deserved limelight and business support. The event was a great success, where the footfall of such personalities proved beneficial for these young designers.
The panel of investors, VC Funds and Fashion Mentors included:
- Prof. Yu Xiong – Chairman – London Fashion Fund
- Ms. Yolande Letshou – (ymlfashion.co.uk) – fashion industry expert and consultant
- Mr. SubhashThakrar (Vice President and Past Chair London Chamber of Commerce & Industry)
- Ms. Poonam Bhagat – TaikaByPoonamBhagat.com, Past Member – Board of Governors, Fashion Design Council of India and Fashion Designer from India
- Ms. PremalBadiani – Fashion Designer PremalBadiani.com and BadianiNewyork.com Fashion Advisor / Mentor
- Ms.MengxunNie, Fashion Investment Advisor, Yingde Group
- Ms. Jenny Holloway – CEO – FashionCapital.co.uk
- Ms. Marianna Ferro – CEO, Flair Atelier Ltd
“The startup pitching session was a grand success with genuine interest from investors with some investment deals already in the work. A big thanks to the startups and the panel members who made the startup pitching session an extremely valuable part of Wings4Fashion event. We will be making this a continuing feature for the coming years,” said D. Kadikar, organizer of the Wings4Fashion event.
Famous personalities and brands like PremalBadiani, Poonam Bhagat,Aftershock London, London Silk Boutique, O’Nitaa, and Vogue Couture became a part of this grand event. Premal presented her Badiani New York Flagship Collection and Poonam showcased her Gold Dust collection, created for the event. Aftershock London chose Wings4Fashion to launch its lingerie range. O’Nita a presented the Menswear range and London Silk Boutique exhibited its women and mens wear.
Speaking on the event, “We are proud to be associated with Wings4Fashions as it is an amazing opportunity for the upcoming and emerging designers. At the event, we showcased Grace – a collection that emanating the equanimity and femininity of a woman in her most beautiful form. It is the most exclusive range of evening wear, social wear and pageant wear designs that are all set to make women fall in love with them.” said PremalBadiani at the event.
Poonam Bhagat said, “My collection is called Gold Dust as we have used gold metal thread embroidery in creating modern patterns on black linen, combined with gold tissue capes and quilted jackets evocative of a very Japanese aesthetic. Wings4Fashions is a wonderful platform for emerging designers who do not necessarily have the economic wherewithal to showcase their collections internationally on their own.”
The event turned out to be a great success, gaining the attention of international fashion enthusiasts, designers and investors, facilitating the participants to pursue their passion with support and assistance from the experts.