By Dr. Blossom Kochhar
Protect your nails. Holi hai! So, Holi is almost here, and we all are eagerly waiting for colourful Holi parties. As you plan for a Holi party, the first thing that comes to your mind is, how will you protect your hair and skin? You look for oils, moisturisers, home remedies, etc. But one thing that most of the time gets neglected is “our nails”.
While playing Holi, our nail are regularly stained with harmful colours for at least 5 to 6 hours. This can spoil all your nail art, nail extensions, French manicure, or even plain nails. No one wants those dry, brittle, multi-coloured, dirty nail.
Here we will share some easy home remedies that will help you to easily clean your nails at home without spending a massive sum of money.
- Dip in cold water: After playing Holi, the first thing that you must do is dip your nails in cold water or room temperature water. Take a bowl filled with cold or room temperature water, squeeze 1 or 2 lemons in it and leave the squeezed lemons also in the bowl. Soak your nails in cold water for up to 10 minutes and keep rubbing softly with lemons. Bleaching agents present in lemons will help clean colours from your nail and hands.
- Vinegar Dip: Take 3 to 4 spoons of vinegar in a bowl and dip your nail in it for up to 5 minutes. Take a cotton ball and start rubbing your nail with it. Dip cotton in vinegar and keep rubbing on your nail. The high content of citrus present in vinegar will remove the stubborn colours from your nail. But this can also dry your nails excessively. Use Nail and Cuticle Conditioner by Blossom Kochhar Aroma Magic. It will help to nourish, hydrate and strengthen the nails.
- Clear nail paint with almond oil: Apply clear nail paint onto your nails. Take a bowl filled with lukewarm water and add few drops of Blossom Kochhar Aroma Magic Almond Oil in it. Slowly start rubbing your nails. This will help to take off colours from nail easily and regain the moisture lost by nail while playing Holi.
- Orange peel powder or Amchur powder: Both amchur and orange peel powders have bleaching and exfoliation properties. You can use either of them or both and make a fine paste with water. Apply this mixture on your nails and leave for 10 minutes, wet your fingers and slowly start exfoliating your nails with it and rinse off with cold water. After this, use Blossom Kochhar Aroma Magic Olive Oil to give deep nourishment to the nail.
Pre Holi tips for nails:
1. Apply a thick coat of dark-coloured nail paint.
2. Apply rich moisturiser on nails and body.
Enjoy your Holi with no worry! Wish you all a very happy and colourful Holi!
Dr. Blossom Kochhar, is the Founder & Chairperson of the Blossom Kochhar Group of Companies