Since makeup has become a part of our daily lifestyle. Here are some tips of what to keep in mind while doing makeup in summers.
* CTM – cleansing, toning and moisturising . This is one of the most important prerequisites of a makeup, make sure you cleanse your skin and use an oil-free moisturiser in the morning. Since I am very particular when it comes to my skin I use all natural products from DCD (Desi Cow Dairy) they use all organic ingredients and essential oils from Australia and England . I use rose facial cream and Tea tree and rose water toner that suits my oily skin.
* Less is more during summers – Lighten your routine for the summers and use only what u think your skin requires , while colour correction is important , use a concealer to cover under eye and areas of concern with a finger . If that works well for you, one can skip the foundation too.
* Base should be light and thin – Apply lighter layers. One can mix the illuminator in the foundation itself to get that dewy, subtle look that is really in! Or mix your oil free mosturiser with the foundation itself to get that sheer glow .
* Have a proper personal kit and invest in proper tools – While most of us have a light base during summers just to even out our complexion , it may slide off and end up looking like oily patches , make sure to have a beauty blender or synthetic buffing brush to push the product into your skin .
* Colour palette – Since it is warm outside , one should go for naked or nude colours that are always in fashion , use shades of brown , smudge liner or kohl look with a nude matte lip shade (preferably liner should be smudge proof). Maintain a balance between eyes and lips, if you want to keep your eyes heavy use a lighter lip shade and vice versa.
* Always set your makeup – It is very important during summers , while most of us use compact powder , I feel loose powder is a much lighter form and sets the makeup really well . Fix the makeup with a makeup fixer, for that I use inglot makeup fixer or urban decay setting spray .
* Don’t go too heavy on base -Avoid creamy foundations or anything too luminous, as humidity can make it look extra shiny and sweaty-looking. Use a bronzer just to highlight high points of your face, forehead, cheekbones, chin and nose (covering all your face gives you that fake, over baked and over matured look).