Wedding make-up tips – the dos and don’ts you need for your big day… to help you achieve this we’ve Beauty & Makeup Expert Neetu Gill for her advice!
Beyond Gorgeous…with the Magical Strokes of your Makeup Maven
Makeup is certainly an art. The expert application techniques help to enhance a Bride’s appearance and make her look like the best version of herself. Give the command in the hands of a Professional Makeup Expert who can ensure that you look flawless. And one more thing, do try your wedding day look before the wedding day and discuss about it with your makeup expert if you need any changes in it.
Flawless luminous skin to give you that Bridal glow
The bride should be happy from inside so that the natural glow is visible and when the makeup is applied then the face can be more vibrant and beautiful. Begin a good skincare routine at least a month before your wedding.
Let your personality shine through
Don’t over powder your make-up, or layer on too much. Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself so focus on natural beauty and accentuate features to make you look and feel beautiful and confident in your own skin on your wedding day.
Bridal Trial Sessions
- It is best to take a makeup trial before the date, it helps the makeup artist to play with colours and understand products that will help to visualise a look rather than experimenting something new on your wedding day. Getting a makeup trial before-hand can really save you a lot of time on your actual wedding day. Have a reference photo on your phone. Check for flash photography after your base or your makeup is done- you DO NOT want a ghostly white cast in your wedding photos.
- Wear the same colour of the dress as the bridal dress you are wearing on your Wedding Day..this will help to understand what makeup colours will work with the bridal ensemble.
- Have your foundation colour matched to your skin tone. Moisturise your face 30 minutes before applying your make-up, to allow time for your moisturiser to sink in and do its magic wear a primer before applying foundation to give a smoother appearance and keep your make-up on for longer.
- Give your eyes all attention because it can make or break the look. Make sure to focus on eyes wear an eye make-up primer to hold your eye shadow in place and prevent creasing. Look for colours that complement your eye colour. Enhance your eyes with false lashes. Natural lashes can look too simple so, check out which suits you the most. Highlight the brow bone. Complete the look by applying the highlighter.
- Do not apply sunscreen as it makes your face look darker it also makes the skin greasy. Stick to regular toners and creams. Use a setting spray when your make-up is finished to give it lasting power.
- Do carry a few products keep them handy like compact lipstick, concealer a brush or a sponge.
- Waxing threading etc, you can do this as close as two days before the wedding, but avoid doing it the night before because there’s always a potential for redness.
Book your hair treatment wisely keep a gap of the month for your hair care. Colour treatments or cuts should be avoided in the week approaching the wedding.
About Neetu Gill
One of the very creative Beauty& Bridal makeup artists whose makeup style is very versatile, ranging from uber- glamorous to minimalist! Neetu Gill started her salon ‘Shahnaz Herbals’ in Amritsar in the year 1989 and carved a niche for herself through hard work and determination. With over 30 years of experience in the makeup industry, she is a name to reckon with. Her impeccable skills make her one of the best from the industry in Amritsar.
You may share with us about your journey of finding the look for your big day on email@example.com